It is time to elect the new batch of officers of the IEEE ComSoc Technical Committee on Cognitive Networks (TCCN) for the term of 01/2021-12/2022.
In particular, we are seeking candidates for the following positions:
– Vice Chair Europe/Africa
– Vice Chair Americas
– Vice Chair Asia Pacific
The TCCN Nomination and Election (N&E) committee this year includes the following members:
– Yue Gao, University of Surrey (Chair)
– Ekram Hossain, University of Manitoba
– Octavia Dobre, Memorial University
– Jianwei Huang, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Shenzhen)
– Leandros Tassiulas, Yale University
Nominations can come from any TCCN Member, but only Voting Members can be election candidates and can vote in the election. A list of current Voting Members is available at:
The nomination is done in two phases:
(1) (Strong Preferred) To be considered by the Nominations and Elections Committee (N&E Committee), please self-nominate by 28 October by emailing your nomination document to the entire N&E committee (email@example.com, Ekram.Hossain@umanitoba.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
(2) To be considered as a “write-in” candidate, please email your nomination document together with the nomination letters of 3 TCCN Members to the entire N&E committee by 06 November.
The nomination document should include the following information in a single PDF document of no more than 2 pages:
– The TCCN Officer position that you are interested in
– Your brief bio, including service experiences in ComSoc and beyond
– Your technical background relevant to TCCN
– Your past contributions to TCCN
– Your plan if being elected.
The electronic election process will be run in line with the TCCN Policies and Procedures via the N&E Committee.
More specifically, we will follow the following election timetable (similar as the previous several elections):
16 Oct (Friday): Elections and Election Process Announced – call for candidates
28 October (Wednesday): Self-nomination close
29 October (Thursday) N&E Committee considers candidates that have come forward
03 Nov (Tuesday) N&E Committee Nominated Candidates announced
06 Nov (Friday): Nominations from TCCN Members as “write-in” candidates close
11 Nov (Wednesday): Voting opens
23 Nov (Monday): Voting closes
27 Nov (Friday): Results available to be approved by TEAC
We look forward to receiving your nominations.
TCCN Chair, on behalf of the IEEE ComSoc TCCN 2020 Nominations and Elections Committee