IEEE ComSoc TCCN 2022 Election: Call for Nominations
Dear TCCN Members,
It is time to elect the new batch of officers of the IEEE ComSoc Technical Committee on Cognitive Networks (TCCN) for the term of 01/2023-12/2024.
In particular, we are seeking candidates for the following positions:
– Vice Chair Europe/Africa
– Vice Chair Americas
– Vice Chair Asia Pacific
The TCCN Nomination and Election (N&E) committee this year includes the following members:
– Lingyang Song, Peking University, China (Chair)
– Petar Popovski, Aalborg University, Denmark
– Jelena Misic, Ryerson University, CA
– Dusit (Tao) Niyato, Nanyang Technological University, SG
– K. P. Suba Subbalakshmi, Stevens Institute of Technology, US
Nominations can come from any TCCN Member, but only Voting Members can be election candidates and can vote in the election. A list of current Voting Members is available at:
The nomination is done in two phases:
(1) (Strong Preferred) To be considered by the Nominations and Elections Committee (N&E Committee), please self-nominate by 28 October by emailing your nomination document to the entire N&E committee (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
(2) To be considered as a “write-in” candidate, please email your nomination document together with the nomination letters of 3 TCCN Members to the entire N&E committee by 06 November.
The nomination document should include the following information in a single PDF document of no more than 2 pages:
– The TCCN Officer position that you are interested in
– Your brief bio, including service experiences in ComSoc and beyond
– Your technical background relevant to TCCN
– Your past contributions to TCCN
– Your plan if being elected.
The electronic election process will be run in line with the TCCN Policies and Procedures via the N&E Committee.
More specifically, we will follow the following election timetable (similar as the previous several elections):
– 14 Oct: Elections and Election Process Announced – call for candidates
– 28 Oct: Self-nomination close
– 29 Oct: N&E Committee considers candidates that have come forward
– 03 Nov: N&E Committee Nominated Candidates announced
– 06 Nov: Nominations from TCCN Members as “write-in” candidates close
– 11 Nov: Voting opens
– 23 Nov: Voting closes
– 27 Nov: Results available to be approved by TEAC
We look forward to receiving your nominations.
TCCN Chair, on behalf of the IEEE ComSoc TCCN 2022 Nominations and Elections Committee